Nainital is one of the most beautiful hill stations in North India and most religious sites where Goddess Sati’s (Parvati) eyes fell on earth. This place came to be called Lake of the Eye and Naini Lake. It is a glittering jewel surrounded by the scenic natural splendor and varied natural resources. It is located at the elevation of around 1938 meters. The Nainital offers an enthralling and outstanding experience for thousands of tourists every year. Tourist around the world throng to Nainital to celebrate the Christmas and New Year.
Majorly popular tourist heaven with endless gorgeous landscape and breezy cool weather in summers. It is the best time to spend relaxing moments with family and friends. However, Nainital is a year-round destination but the perfect time to visit is from March, April, May, and June. For the snow lovers, the best season is from November, December, January, and February. Nainital weather plays an important role and also changes frequently throughout the year as per seasons.
Summers: The maximum temperature of Nainital in summers will be 20 degrees Celsius. Summers are ideal for scenic beauty and also the perfect time to visit Nainital. March – June is the best the time to do Nainital trip.
Winters: The maximum temperature of Nainital in winters 9 degree Celsius.
Best Time to visit Nainital
The best time to visit Nainital is in summers and if you are snow lover then winter is the best time for you. You can see the unique beauty in every season.
Best Places to visit near Nainital
- Bhimtal: It is a famous tourist spot in India. Bhimtal is a small town in Nainital district in the state of Uttarakhand. It is situated at an altitude of 1370 meters above sea level. This place is also the most famous for the picturesque Bhimtal Lake.
- Almora: It is one of the most popular destinations near Nainital and also the most majestic hill station. Almora is famous for unique handcraft and diverse wildlife. It is also the perfect destination throughout the year.
- Corbett National Park: It is rich in flora and fauna, known for its Bengal Tigers. Corbett National Park is the oldest National Park in India. It is the first tiger reserve of India located in Ramnagar in the district of Nainital. It is also one of the famous destinations in India.
- Ranikhet: This is a beautiful hill station related to the legends of Himalaya. Ranikhet is an all-season tourist destination for the admirers of natural beauty. It also offers a panoramic view of the mighty Himalayan peaks. The main highlight of this place is the headquarters of the Kumaon regiment of the Indian Army and one may also see the Kumaon regiment center museum.
- Sattal: It is a group of seven fresh lakes situated in the Lower Himalayan range near Bhimtal. It is an elevation of 1370 meters above sea level. Tourists can enjoy bird watching, boating, and fishing. It also offers one of the best views of the Himalayas and surrounding areas.
- Nakuchiatal: This place is mainly know for its nine corners lake and a small hill station in the Nainital District of the Indian state of Uttarakhand. Nakuchiatal is a hill town popular for its nine corners of Lake, which resets peacefully in the lap of nature.
It is one of the ideal places near Nainital, enriched with a variety of fruits like apples, plums, pears, etc. The mesmerizing beauty of the place with the sunset and sunrise are a delight to watch. One of the best places for trekking, rock climbing, and also photography.
- Mukteshwar: This place is heaven for nature photography and a famous destination for adventure sports. Mukteshwar is situated at a height of 7500 meters above sea level. The place also offers an incredible view of Nanda Devi and the other peaks.
9. Patal Bhuvaneshwar: It is an ancient Shiv temple cave located in the northern Himalayan state of Uttarakhand. Patal Bhuvaneshwar is the most beautiful place in the Kumaon region.