Mount Nun Expedition(7135m) is one of the highest peak of Suruvalley which is located in Zanskar Himalayas. The massif is located near the Suru Valley, about 250 km (160 miles) east of Srinagar, the capital of Kashmir. Due to quick access from Leh to base camp and the ease with which a climbing permit can now be obtained, these are good options for those looking for an affordable 7,000er in quick time.
The most frequented climbing area, the Nun-Kun massif comprises of several peaks, chief among them being Mount Nun Expedition (7135m) and Kun (7087m). Mount Nun Expedition is approachable both from Tangol (70 km. from Kargil) and Gulmatongo (110km. from kargil). Some attempts are also made from Parkachik (90km south of kargil) along the parkachik glacier. The base camp can be reached after a day's trek from both Gulmatongo and Tangol.
Region – Leh Himalayas
Duration – 22 Days
Grade – Strenous
Altitude – 7135 m
Day 1 : Arrival at Srinagar.
Day 2 : Srinagar to Kargil.
Day 3 : Kargil to Tangol.
Day 4 : Tangol to Base camp to Tangol.
Day 5 : Tangol to Base camp.
Day 6 : Load ferry and Acclimatization in Base Camp.
Day 7 : Base Camp to Advance Base Camp (ABC).
Day 8 : ABC to Camp 1 (5500 m).
Day 9 : ABC to Camp 1 (5500 m) Load ferry.
Day 10 : ABC to Camp 1.
Day 11 : Camp 1 to Camp 2 (6100 m) Load ferry.
Day 12 : Camp 1 to Camp 2 (6100 m).
Day 13 : Camp 2 to Camp 3 (6400 m).
Day 14 : Summit Attempt. (7135 m).
Day 15 : Reserve Day for Summit Attempt.
Day 16 : Reserve Day for Summit Attempt.
Day 17 – 18 : Winding up camp.
Day 19 : Base camp to Tangol village.
Day 20 : Tangol to Kargil.
Day 21 : Kargil to Srinagar.
Day 22 : Deprture from Srinagar
- Permit Charges.
- Services from Srinagar to Srinagar.
- Hotel accommodation in Srinagar and kargil.
- The best available Guesthouse accommodation in Tangol.
- All road transport by private vehicles.
- All camping facilities and meals during the expedition.
- Climbing permit
- Team leader, High altitude porters.
- Nepalese climbing Sherpas and local helpers.
- All group climbing equipment
- First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder.
- Accommodation. Tented or Tourist lodge.
- Meals while on trek (Veg.)
- Trek equipments.
- Permits/ Forest fees
- Experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff to help trekkers.
- Anything explicitly which is not mentioned the inclusion list.
- Personal Climbing equipment and high altitude clothing.
- Any kind of insurance of the clients.
- Flights tickets from New Delhi to Srinagar and back
- Expenditures of personnel nature.
- Cost due to Rescue or Helicopter Rescue
- Costs associated with you leaving an expedition early.
- Costs associated with extending a trip due to bad weather or other circumstances.
- Extra baggage charges.
- Indian airport taxes.
- Bar bills and laundry.
- Travel insurance.
- Lunch and evening meals in Srinagar and Kargil.
- Food while Road travelling
- Optional trips and sightseeing tours
- Any kind of Personal Expenses.
- Porter to carry personal luggage.